Tuesday, June 30, 2009

At the internet cafe' in Mexico again

I got away for a bit to try to write a little. My last entry was too long, but I didn't know how else to write about it all.
Yesterday after I left the intenet cafe', I went to pick up the girls from our friends' house. We ended up eating "caldo de pollo", or chicken soup. Very good. I miss Mexican food and how they cook it a lot.
When we left I did about #5 stupid thing. I locked my only key in the car. The car has a stupid dinger that drives me nuts, so I had thrown the keys on the dash, then forgot about them when I locked the car. I had something in my pocket that felt like a key, so I guess I had it. I could not believe I had done something so stupid.
Our friend, Uriel and I tried for about an hour to break into the Toyota Previa. That is one tough car to break into. All the gaskets around the windows were getting chewed up and I hoped that would be all the damage done. I really believed, eventually we could get in, but it was looking dismal.
Finally I walked to the store with Pati, and talked to the store owner to use the phone to call a locksmith. A young guy, around 20 or so was working in the back with the owner, Roberto, and he said he could get into the car.
So, after another 1 1/2 hours, using wire heavier than a coat hanger, he and Uriel got the lock button to push and open. I was so happy and relieved! I will have to buy new gaskets for both front windows, as they are destroyed. I'm glad he didn't take the small wing window (which doesn't open) out, which was next on the list.
After I got home, Petra and I took the rest of our belongings out of the rental house down the street, and went through it all, throwing away stuff and I decided to give most away. It was material and some clothes and yarn mostly.
That was yesterday. Today I have been resting and not motivated to do much. I am reading a wonderful book, but don't have it with me, so can't even remember the author. It is about writing and art. I was going to tell about it, but I think I will save it for when I can quote one paragraph that is changing my thinking about God. How we are not dull to him and what we say and write he is interested in. I need that now because I know that what I write feels boring to me. I hope that I can encourage you all later, when God has changed me more.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are welcome!

Followers

Total Pageviews