Thursday, July 02, 2009

Back in the USA



Here are some photos of the trip:
1st: Sunset in the village
2nd: Sunset
3rd: Entry road to the village
4th: Driving through the City
5th: Driving through a village



I thought the trip up to Tucson would be uneventful. It started out fine. We left the village at 9:00, with the windows locked and the house looking as if we were only leaving for a weekend. We got gas in Toltecas, 5 miles away and bought snacks at the store.

The night before, our neighbor asked Petra if we could take her son and daughter to Santa Ana, where they would get a bus to Corboca to visit their sister. I knew we would be loaded down, as there were already 6 of us,(Petra, me, Clemy, Susi, and 2 girls that had been helping out at the deaf school) our luggage and I was bringing several boxes and backpacks stuff from our house. I told Petra I hoped we had room and I really wanted to bring them.

After packing the car, we did have room, and it didn't seem that crowded. I always thought I was tough, because we never had air-conditioning on our trips back and forth from Mexico to USA, but I am so glad we had it. I never realized the stress the hot weather, and driving in a car was before. It was relaxing driving for me.

When we were getting close to Hermosillo, the road was really rough, but the car seemed to change sounds. At first I thought I had a flat, but after awhile realized that wasn't the problem. I was determined not to stop until we reached a place I could check the van out. I did not want to be stranded on the side of the road in the heat with cars and trucks whizzing by.

We were trying to find a "Pollo Feliz" to no avail. We didn't want to eat at Kentucky Fried Chicken, but decided to turn around and head there. After pulling into the packing lot, I got out and checked the car. The tread on the left front tire was separating, and that was why the van was vibrating so much.

After eating at KFC, we took the van to the tire shop right across the street, but they didn't have our size of tire. But, he told us where Michellen tires was, right around the corner. We went there, I bought a tire and it was put on the van and in 30 minutes we were on our way.

Nearing sunset their was an amazing cloud formation that Jenna was able to photograph. I am going to post it on my blogspot and put a link here.

We made it to Tucson around 11 pm or later. Everyone but me was hungry, so we found a Taco Bell. My stomach had been hurting me from something I ate in the morning, so I got a milkshake from McDonalds' later, which didn't help at all.

I slept soundly and woke up without a stomach ache. We have today to rest, then tomorrow we are heading to San Antonio Texas.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are welcome!

Followers

Total Pageviews