Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Howdy from Texas


Greg and I are enjoying our time here in Texas. It's been so good to spend time with our son David son and his family. It's the first time in several years that Greg and I have gone on a trip together because of our cleaning business. This year our eldest daughter & 2 younger daughters are managing the business till we return.

It ‘s hot here, but not nearly as hot and humid as it is in Sonora in the summer. If you’ve ever spent a summer in Sonora you’ll know what I’m talking about. We’ve gone swimming twice at the community pool. It’s free and really cooled us off. I forgot how long it takes to go anywhere with a 2 year old and baby. It's an event, but even baby Sophia enjoyed the water. A little girl named Rebecca made friends with us, swimming under the water through our legs like a fish. 

David is an amazing cook at the grill. We have enjoyed 2 BBQ's with Zyanya's parents so far. Zyanya’s cooking is really good and I’ve gotten some ideas for when I go home.

 Sophia was getting fussy while I was watching her, but the kiddy pool cooler her off (and me too J

All is well on the home front in Oregon. We'll have birthdays’ to celebrate when we return. They celebrated on the day(s), but we’ll celebrate again.

                                        Abuela Mariana with baby Sophia and Nathaniel    

1 comment:

Comments are welcome!

Followers

Total Pageviews